Call for entries ‘Seafront to Back’
Apply now for the opportunity to become the Seafront Artist in Residence for August 2016 culminating in a solo exhibition at Bournemouth Library and a print display along Bournemouth Pier.
The chosen artist will generate new artistic interpretations capturing the peak summer seafront experience from the view point of the Seafront staff and create images conveying the work that goes on behind the scenes to make Bournemouth Seafront a world class beach destination.
The artist in residence will produce a series of two dimensional artworks which capture the essence of being ‘by the seaside’ from the perspective of the seafront staff and traders. The artist will be given the opportunity to exhibit and sell their work at Bournemouth Library for the month of September. A selection of works will be made in to vinyls which will be attached to the windows of the covered walkway of the Pier. This is an excellent opportunity for artists interested in raising their profile.
• Deadline for submissions is Tuesday 2nd August at 12 noon
• Artists will be notified of the outcome by Wednesday 3rd August
• The residency starts on Monday 8th August
• All artwork must be ready for hanging on Monday 5th September at Bournemouth Library
• Exhibition ends on Friday 30th September